Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 39 - Chicago Marathon


Day 39 - Chicago Marathon, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.

I didn't run the marathon, but it was still a mild endurance test. Sunday morning I woke up after about three hours of sleep and headed downtown to shoot some marathon photos. I was near mile 3 on Lasalle Street from the first wheelchairs to come through until there were a few stragglers loping toward Wacker Drive. I got back on my bike and headed toward the finish and got a spot at the turn from Michigan Avenue onto Roosevelt. There were some wheelchairs finishing already when I got there, but it was about forty minutes before the first runner made it there. That was mile 26. I stayed until I had to get to work. A few miles away I had to cross the course, where I was reminded that not everyone finishes in roughly the same time. There, in the median on North Avenue, I watched an Elvis impersonator for a few minutes before hauling it to work where I spent the rest of the day looking forward to going back to bed.

No comments: