Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 285 - Polar Bear


Day 285 - Polar Bear, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.

June 11, 2012. Another hot day, and a great excuse to play in the water - especially if you happen to be a polar bear. I made a pass through Lincoln Park Zoo after work. I left the zoo on the east side and walked over to the lagoon. A whole lot of birds flew away, but one flapped a lot and kept running into a tree. There was a massive ball of discarded fishing line tied around the tree, and the bird's leg was caught in it. Fortunately, there was a knife in my backpack, so I reeled the bird toward me and cut the line as close as I could. I cut the fishing line off of the tree and cursed the jerk who left his dangerous (to birds, at least) trash in the park as I walked it twenty yards to a trash can.

No comments: