Saturday, November 16, 2013

107/365 - Zamboni


107/365 - Zamboni, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.

November 15, 2013. I had no idea it was opening day at the Millennium Park ice rink. I don't often include Millennium Park in my lunchtime photowalks, largely because I try to avoid taking too many pictures of the Bean. I actually walked by it without taking any photos of it, and on my way out of the park, I heard the zamboni. I snapped a few frames from the south end of the rink before I gave in and decided to photograph from the angle seen here. Thankfully, the zamboni driver, who had just left the ice, drove back on and rolled into this shot. As of Friday, November 15, Chicagoans and visitors can go to Millennium Park for free outdoor ice skating until sometime in March.

No comments: