Saturday, May 24, 2014

296/365 - Unhappy Birthday

296/365 - Unhappy Birthday

May 23, 2014.  Midwest Live and Loud Weekend, a three-day punk festival, kicked off at the Bottom Lounge with my band Squared Off. It was a blast, with several good bands, some of them Texans I haven't seen in years. The girl in the middle of this photo was marking her twenty-fifth birthday, which apparently made her sad. It looked to me like her "worst birthday ever" was going pretty well. Psh, kids these days, thinking twenty-five is the end. An addition to my busted cameras saga: the built-in flash on my G11 doesn't work at all after being dropped, and my external flash doesn't always expose properly. Without an LCD screen, I can't tell what happened until I get home, so many of my pictures look like they occurred during a nuclear explosion according to science fiction films.

No comments: