Monday, October 27, 2014

450/365 - Toyota Park

450/365 - Toyota Park

October 24, 2014.  The Chicago Fire's final game of the season - a miserable season - took place against the Houston Dynamo. Longtime player and former captain, Logan Pause, played his last game, and it was a heck of a sendoff. It was a warm, clear night, attendance was good, and he got plenty of recognition from both clubs and the fans in the stands. Best of all, shortly after the 90th minute, the Fire broke the tie to obtain an all-too-rare win, their sixth of the season. They did set a new league record for  draws in a season (didn't they just do that a couple of years ago?) with eighteen. I ran into several friends that I've never seen at a game, as well as the ones I expected, and that made for a great night for me. Now I'm looking forward to next season, even if they still suck.

No comments: