Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 138 - Man In Mourning


Day 138 - Man In Mourning, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.

Jan 16, 2012. On my way to work this morning, I happened upon this friendly fellow alone on his front porch in contemplation. He greeted me, then stated what was my first thought upon seeing him, that he was in mourning and hadn't even changed his clothes since yesterday's playoff game, which his beloved Green Bay Packers lost. We chatted for a few minutes, rather, he did. That's just how conversation with me often goes. I do a lot of listening, not so much talking. He considered the game, and how the week ahead of it likely affected the Packers' preparation and play. He's the kind of sports fan I can really appreciate, never expressing hatred for the New York Giants, and showing a clear appreciation for the game and other teams and their players. I know a playoff game is considerably different than the others, but at least he had next to no football heartbreak this year. While I won't go so far as to root for the Packers, I wish this good fellow a fantastic football season next year.

No comments: