Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 325 - The Winning Run


Day 325 - The Winning Run, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.

July 21, 2012. After work I made a loop through the southern end of Lincoln Park to see what I could see before holing up in the house, and saw a baseball game with snazzy uniforms going on, so I took a quick left and leaned my bike against a tree just outside the first base foul line. As I did, the inning was changing, and the right fielder coming on explained that they were engaged in a game of 1858-rules base ball. He explained some of the rules that were different from the current evolution of baseball, then took his position, and I took mine. I shot a couple of innings of this matchup between the Douglas Dutchers, of Douglas, Michigan and the Bonneyville Millers, of Goshen, Indiana. The Chicago Salmon played earlier in the day. A Bonneyville player is running toward the camera in this photo to score the winning run. Both teams have facebook pages, and more can be learned about the game and their thirteen-team league at the Vintage Base Ball Association's website www.vbba.com.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

This is amazing.