Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 347 - Getting Physical


Day 347 - Getting Physical, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.
August 12, 2012. Shereen and I took a seven-mile bike ride that ended at Northalsted Market Days where we met our friend Vernon about to photograph Sheena Easton. None of us had heard of Karmin before, but they had a great set, and some very enthusiastic fans. We saw Sheena Easton, who sounded great, and was quite charming. The main event, though, was Olivia Newton-John. She did a set of hit after hit, and it was a lot of fun, though I wish she'd had her band with her. I had a good time, but Shereen was enthralled. That girl loves Olivia Newton-John. I thought maybe I'd get a kiss during "Hopelessly Devoted To You" or "I Honestly Love You," but I couldn't even get her attention.

No comments: