Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 5 - Michiganders


Day 5 - Michiganders, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.

For the second year in a row, Labor Day proved to be the end of summer in Chicago. These two came from Michigan hoping for some beach time, which they haven't had on previous visits. The weather didn't work out for that, but it was a really beautiful day despite being chilly and very windy. I saw the sky when I got out of work (Labor Day is the day that everybody in the US goes to work and declares a holiday, right?) and had to head for the lake to get some photos. The colors and the clouds were fantastic. The wind was pretty forceful, which resulted in crashing waves and sand everywhere. I'm still trying to get it out of my ears. I ended up with several photos that I'm quite happy with, including this one. The last gasps of warm weather are still to come, including one later this week, and I really am looking forward to it. Summer goes far too quickly now that I don't live in Texas.

No comments: