Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cycle September 7


Cycle September 7, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.

Of course, I didn't live in a large city, but when I was a kid, it seemed like there were always roving packs of kids on bikes. I do still see biking kids, just not in the numbers that I remember from my youth. Then again, kids have very different lives in general than in my youth. An adult on a bicycle was rare when I was a kid, and I'm really happy that's different. Again, that may be because Austin and Chicago are very different than Matoaca, VA, Columbus, GA and Gelnhausen, Germany. I hope there are more adults on bikes for recreation and transportation in those places, too. And I hope that wherever all the kids are in Chicago that they're flying around on bikes and building (sturdy) ramps and clearing all the little kids they jump over.

No comments: