Sunday, September 8, 2013

039/365 - Lakefront


039/365 - Lakefront, originally uploaded by Mikey Brick.

September 8, 2013. In summers past, I've made probably three to five trips to the beach each week. Most of that was simply riding a couple of miles on the Lakefront Trail before or after work. This summer, not only did I not have work to put me near the lake, but I had all kinds of other crap going on to keep me occupied or in enough of a depression to not go anywhere in daylight hours. So, now, summer is ending, if not gone altogether, and I've tried to cram in a few visits to Lake Michigan. I've typically not lingered and not gotten any decent photographs. Today was probably the second day in which I did any shooting, but it wasn't particularly summery. The temperature was on the cool side, around 75ºF, and it was cloudy and windy. That didn't prevent me from leaving with a handful of decent photos, but it sure made me miss the summer that I didn't participate in.

No comments: