Sunday, July 6, 2014

314/365 - Tire Repair

314/365 - Tire Repair

June 10, 2014.  There was a ridiculous rain storm going on when Tara and I left work, made worse when she discovered a nearly flat tire on her bike. There was a leak that was slow enough to barely show an appreciable loss of air seven and a half miles later, but that needed to be attended to nonetheless. We stopped at a bike shop on the way home (she lives a few blocks north of me), where they brought us what we needed near the door, thanks to the copious amounts of water pouring off of us, then proceeded to my house to put the new tube on her bike. The back stairwell provided cover from the rain and a safe place to drip, and I found the leak in her tube, close enough to the valve stem to not bother patching it. Tara rode her last half-mile in the rain and I went in to shower and get dry. The severity of the rain proved my backpack was not quite waterproof. I had film negatives that I had just picked up in it, but they seem to be well-salvaged with just a hint of water spots. This nude photo is one of the images from that roll of film.

No comments: